Sunday, December 11, 2011

Vegan Baileys Recipe!

For the past 4 years now, I've tried many different recipes for Vegan Baileys. Some my own creation's, some a combination of my own and other peoples. None of them ever turned out. Something was always missing, or something just wasn't quite right. This year I've nailed it! Granted it's been awhile since I've tasted the real thing, but this is smooth, silky, creamy and absolutely delicious! So who gives a crap as to whether it is a perfect comparison! This is delicious, and it'll make your Christmas magical I promise! You have to make this will make your Holidays feel so much more complete!




On Ice

                                                                       In Coffee
2 cans (400ml can- I used Thai Kitchen) + 3 tbsp coconut milk
2 cans* soymilk
1/4 cup strong coffee
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1/4 cup white sugar (or 1/8 tsp powdered stevia- which is what I used)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 can* good Whiskey
1/2 can* good white rum

*I used the empty coconut milk cans to measure out everything as it was easier then getting measuring cups dirty!

Combine everything but the booze in a pot on the stove, and whisk over medium heat till everything becomes smooth and thoroughly combined. Once everything is mixed, wait till it cools a bit then stir in the alcohol.

***This makes 2.5L (I'm sure this recipe could be halved or quartered, but why would anyone want less of this goodness??)  and will keep for 2 months or more in the fridge. It will gain a but of a curdled appearance and look spoiled in the fridge after awhile, but a simple shake will make it look normal again. The curdling is normal and doesn't change the taste or quality of it at all.

3 comments:

Cara said...

What a great recipe idea! I love this--now all I need to do is buy some whiskey and rum :)

purevegetarianbites said...

All your recipes look amazing ! thanks for the lovely blog ;-) Your recipes are great inspiration !!!! thought You might like this http://purevegetarianbites.wordpress.com/

sophie said...

is it possible to do all whiskey instead of the 1/2 can of rum?

also...just to be precise...when you can say...you mean 400 ml, correct?