Hey guys! Here is my top 20 vegan "must-haves" for my fridge. Not in any specific order of love or use, just as to how it pops into my scatter - brained head!
If you feel like I have missed any important "must-haves" haves for a vegan fridge, let me know in the comments, what is a must have in your fridge? I'd love to know!
1. White miso paste - I use this in everything from cheese sauce, to popcorn, to soup bases, to stir frys, ads the "umami" flavor to everything you put it in.
2. Dark soy sauce or tamari with no preservatives- I prefer the darker more flavorful kinds, without preservatives, great for stir fries, fake beef recipes, and to serve with sushi.
3. Organic Natural peanut butter- so much tastier then peanut butter with added crap into it! My favorite kind is the kirkland signature brand from Costco.
4. Black olives - essential for any vegan that used to love the briny flavor of cheese, adds a nice pop of briny savory flavor to anything its in. I buy this in HUGE jars at costco for pretty cheap. A big jar lasts for several months.
5. Earth Balance- Essential in any vegan's fridge, buttery wonderful delicous-ness! For baking and all your buttering needs. My favorite kind is the orginal.
6. So Nice unsweetened soymilk- my favorite brand of soymilk, the least "beany" I have ever tasted and doesn't curdle when added into hot food or liquids.
7. Ketchup - Lame I know, but who doesn't love ketchup right?
8. Vegan mayo- homemade preferably (recipe for my vegan mayo) or veganaise
9. Vegan soy yogurt - (my recipe for homemade soygurt) or plain unsweetned from the company sol cuisine
10. Plain yellow mustard- for everything from sandwiches, to salad dressings, to marinades, to cheeze sauces.
11. Whole grain dijon mustard- used in my homemade honey dijon dressing, and my fav for sandwiches
12. Red curry paste from Thai kitchen- I would be at a loss for fast meals without this, as it makes amazing thai inspired soups and, stir fries and curries.
13. Raspberry or strawberry jam- Pretty self- explanatory, love it on toast with earth balance, or to make a raspberry salad dressing.
14. Extra firm tofu- a total must for every vegans kitchen, it can be anything you want it to be. You can bake, fry, saute it. Blend it into a smoothie for protein or make tofu ricotta out of it! Your imagination is the only that is holding you back from making tofu the best thing in your fridge!
15. Soft tofu - I prefer soft tofu for smoothies, and its good for replacing eggs in certain dishes, and for making homemade vegan mayo, click here for the recipe
16. Tahini - sesame seed paste, I use it to make salad dressings, and to flavor cheezes, and such.
17. Homemade vegan goat cheese- still perfecting this recipe and when I do, I will definitely share it!
18. Black bean sauce- This stuff is super potent and very salty and has a "different" flavor that not everyone likes, but I personally love it, a little goes a very long way, and it is great in stir fries and Asian cuisine.
19. Maple Syrup- I would not be able to live without my maple syrup fix, if it wasn't so expensive and much healthier I would drink it by the cup- ful! Great for salad dressings and marinades as well as on pancakes and waffles and the like.
20. Vegan Worcestershire sauce- Definetly as essential ingredient for every vegans kitchen I prefer the Wizards brand from edward and sons its awesome from imparting a "beefy" flavor when you need it!