Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Eat World Challange, Vegan Thai, Chinese, Portuguese, Pakistani food



So for the E.A.T. world challenge I have been trying to eat from many parts of the world. I normally do( I find that eating ethnic food is easier on the wallet) then more traditional North American fare and tends to be tastier and better for you as well.
What is your favorite ethic food to eat?


Thailand with my Thai inspired meals a pineapple sesame soy tofu bowl


Thai Red coconut curry.


Pineapple sesame soy tofu bowl with Thai red curry


Essentially the same as the dish above but with Vegan shrimp (which I am totally in love with!)



Vegan Tom Yum soup (from a mix)



Vegan dumplings made with tofu, mushrooms and other "Thai Style Veggies"



Pakistan
Brown lentil Daal garnished with ketchup(lol) and plain unsweetened vegan yogurt, with a homemade paratha (Pakistani flat bread)

China:
Very Authentic tasting sweet and sour tofu, with pineapple, with purple sticky rice and stir-fried veggies.


Portugal
Portuguese kale soup with potatoes, with roasted garlic and homemade vegan chorizo

3 comments:

BroccoliHut said...

What a delicious assortment of ethnic foods! I love Thai cooking.

Hannah said...

Wow! So many exotic flavors and good looking dishes, this inspires me to experiment with more cuisines. Gotta say, I'm especially curious about "vegan shrimp". I can't even imagine what those are like!

Of.Varied.Interests said...

Hard to choose. I love Thai and Indian. But also love Chinese dim sum type items, mexican, ethiopian and Indonesian. My favorite I think would be of the greek/mediteranian/turksih family. I love the mix of spices, yogurt (soy for me) and bread combinations.