Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Vegan Mofo day 07, Vegan Mofo Survey.

1. Favorite non-dairy milk?
So Nice Unsweetned SoyMilk for cooking and general all purpose use, its a little chalky sometimes but it has the least "beany" flavor out of any unsweetned soymilk I have ever tasted.
https://www.epiceriedirect.com/lookproducts.php?id_pro=13984
Natura Vanilla SoyMilk for making ice cream and it's the best in coffee! Its very rich and creamy, and very smooth.

2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook?
Right now I am working on a Holiday E-book, so I am testing those recipes.
I'm going to make: Green bean casserole, scalloped potatoes and "tofurkey".

3. Topping of choice for popcorn?
Grey seat salt, Earth Balance, fresh cracked black pepper and nutritional yeast

4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure?
Trying to make a sugar free, fat free banana bread. Trying to make gluten free muffins or bread... Major disasters!

5. Favorite pickled item?
Pickled nacho style jalapenos

6. How do you organize your recipes?
I don't really own any cook-books I use, My recipes are all over the place some are on my computer, I have three notebooks filled with random stuff with some recipes thrown in... Not organized at all actually.

7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal?

Compost for sure, my city has a great "greenbin" program now I only put out a small grocery bag sized bag or garbage out once a week!

8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods...what would they be (don't worry about how you'll cook them)?
Dark chocolate (%75+), bananas, and homemade french fries... Healthy I know

9. Fondest food memory from your childhood?
Christmas cooking with my mom, we would stay up late and make french tourtieres (meat pies, with fake meat), sugar pies, and sugar cookies. Just thinking about it, gives me the warm fuzzies.

10. Favorite vegan ice cream?
Natura Maple, with chocolate fudge sauce and pecans! We don't get many different kinds of Vegan Ice cream here in Kingston, so I make do buy "fancying" them up!

11. Most loved kitchen appliance?
My KitchenAid Stand mixer.... Need I say more? Lol!

12. Spice/herb you would die without?
BASIL! I loooooove it in anything, its the best herb ever.

13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time?
Some old readers Digest cookbook (500+ pgs), that has half the hardcover pealing and it was made in the 80's, it's my Moms, and very very non-Vegan.

14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly?
Organic Raspberry Jam.

15. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend?
Indian food, very easy to veganize and it's so spicy no one can tell whats in it!

16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh?
Tofu because it is so versatile, it can be turned into "cheese", blended into smoothies, made ito scramble... What can't it do? Whats not to love about it?

17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)?
I like cooking in the middle of the day the best, that's not always possible... But dinner is definitely my fav meal of the day to cook.

18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator?
My BBQ tongs, Giant BBQ fork, and a BBQ "flipper" too big to put anywhere else.

19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking.
Walnuts, frozen 'Nanners, chia seeds

20. What's on your grocery list?
Vegan vitamin D, Vegan b12, Vegan zinc (got keep that immune system up, no flu shots for me!) jalapenos, wheat bran, apples, grapes, squash

21. Favorite grocery store?
WHOLE FOODS (if only I had one here :() local store would have to be Loblaws and Costco.

22. Name a recipe you'd love to veganize, but haven't yet.
The totally unveganizable stuff, I like to be challenged! But I can

23. Food blog you read the most (besides Isa's because I know you check it everyday). Or maybe the top 3?
Vegan Crunk,
Chocolate-Covered Katie,
Vegan Dad,
Bittersweet



24. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate?
Haven't gotten a chance to try any yet really.... :(
Vegetarian Sunny bears from sunridge farms, they are vegan and very good and I can get them at my local loblaws. Very pricey though, so its a once in a blue moon splurge.

25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately?
Probably a bag of those "Sunny bears", coconut milk is on the list too, $3.75 a can :O

26. Ingredients you are scared to work with?
Anything that involves gluten free baking... I have yet to make anything successful!!! :( well except for pizza crust, that has gone fairly well.

1 comment:

JennShaggy said...

Thank you so much! And you can go right ahead as long as its your computer screen and not mine haha.

Great survey: )