Thursday, October 8, 2009

Potato leek soup recipe, General Tso's Tofu, Vegan MoFo day 11!

Time for me to loose something that I've been hanging on too.... My recipe-posting virginity!
I posted the recipe for my Creamy Potato-Leek Soup.

A few months ago while in Montreal I had General Tso's for the first time, at this dirty in the wall, that made AMAZING vegan Chinese food. General Tso's was one thing that I tried, while theirs was very good, it was sickly sweet. I tried to make a version that was little less sweet, but that still had the delicous flavors. I think I somewhat succeeded. It was good, but not great. I will have to have another go at it to try and perfect it.



Happy Canadian No-Turkey Day! Although I'm not celebrating mine for 2 weeks!

1 comment:

PB and Jess said...

It looks pretty tasty to me! There's a good recipe on VegWeb for General Tso's tofu, but it's definitely on the sweet side.