Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Just call me the soup lady......Vegan Ceaser that actually tastes like ceaser!

I have made 3 soups in the past week, apparently early super cold fall has made me crave warming soups.
And soup is always better with homemade buns, in this case "honey" "buttermilk" beer buns!

This was a "Portuguese" style soup, with veggie broth, onions, garlic, kale, vegan choirzo and Fava beans. My Boyfriends half Portuguese and remembers eating a soup like this, so this was my take on recreating it.


This one was sweet-potato chipolte a little spicy and very creamy, warms you up on a cold day for sure! Some tandoori marinated tofu on the side, wasn't to impressed with it though.


Minestrone soup with: red kidney beans, celery, carrots, potatoes and peppers, with elbow macaroni. And a dollop of some leftover basil-cashew pesto.

Vegan ceaser salad... I've been working on this dressing for ages and it's finally perfect! (not to toot my own horn) Served with sauteed Pc blue menu fake chicken breasts (a gardein product)
Served with homemade garlic croutons. (Recipe on Monday!)

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Mmm, those soups sound like pure comfort food... Wonderful combination of veggies and spices!

BroccoliHut said...

I am majorly into soup these days too! Bring on the vegan chili!