Thursday, October 29, 2009

Homemade Asian Dumplings, Tom Yum Soup, Asian Home Gourmet

Boooo! Vegan MoFo is almost over :( I definitely have enjoyed posting more and being able to read others peoples posts more often.

Last night I made homemade Asian Dumplings with tofu, carrots, cabbage, onions, celery, garlic, ginger and mushrooms, oh plus a little soy sauce. I made wrappers out of nbleached all-purpose, bran and water.
Made some dipping sauce to go with. Very tasty!



I also made some "Tom Yum Soup" I used this sauce paste from Asian Home Gourmet and added some chopped dulse in-lieu of seafood stock (which the directions stated), shredded tofu, mushrooms, and chopped up fake shrimp. I garnished with sliced green onions and black sesame seeds same with the dumplings. This was good, but I don't think I would by this flavor again.

2 comments:

two vegan boys said...

Your food always looks so good.

Hannah said...

Mm, those dumplings look awesome! I had Chinese on Halloween too (sort of a tradition), but I was lazy and just ordered out. Yours seems so much better in every way!